Virtual Event Site
CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE OR APPLICATION
This Policy may have been amended since the last time you used the Services.
Effective Date: August 10, 2020
Sound Investments A/V Department, Ltd., d/b/a Virtual Event Site, or any of our parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, are collectively referred to in this Policy as “VES”, or “we,” “us,” or a similar. We own and operate the virtualeventsite.com website, and related subdomains, websites, mobile sites, applications, content, and products and services (the “Services”).
You consent to our collection, use, sharing, and transfer of your personal information as described in this Policy by submitting your personal information to us. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us, although this does not affect any personal information we previously collected from or about you.
If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, or do not consent to our collection, use, sharing, or transfer of your personal information as described in this Policy, you may not use the Services, and you should not submit any personal information to us.
What Does this Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to all users of the Services.
As used in this Policy, “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
This Policy does not:
- Apply to any of our websites, mobile sites, applications, and products and services that expressly have their own separate privacy policies.
- Cover any information which does not directly identify you, or which cannot be used indirectly with other information to identify you, such as anonymized or aggregated demographic information. When we anonymized information, we can use it and share it with third parties for any purpose in our sole discretion.
- Cover any ideas, suggestions, or comments you submit to or about the Service, which information we may use for any purposes in our sole discretion.
Only if you consent may we collect, use, or share your personal information in other ways than as described in this Policy.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following personal information:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, address, phone number, your company name, and your image).
- Account information (user name, password, security questions)
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when:
- You register to attend an event.
- You set up your personal profile and other features for an event.
- You choose to communicate information about yourself during recorded events, or post information about yourself in your site profile, on chat boards on the site, or using social media features available on the site.
- You correspond with us through email, chat, or other means of communication.
- If you are using the Services as an administrator on behalf of an event organizer, we collect your personal information when you create and use your account.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information we collect from and about you for the purposes set forth below. We collect your personal information so that we can:
- Allow you to register for an online event or other Service.
- Enable you to participate in online events or other Services using the features available in the event or such Services (such as chat, video meeting rooms, and social media features).
- Email you (or communicate with you via chat or other means) about events you have registered for, or to respond to your inquiries or comments.
- Comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect your and our security.
- To upgrade, improve, and develop our products and services.
- If you are using the Services as an administrator on behalf of an event organizer, we use your personal information to allow you to manage the account.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We share your personal information only as follows:
- Information you make available: Your username is available for other users to see. Other users can also see any other personal information you make available for display, such as you name, image, information you post to your profile, and information you post on chat boards or using social media features available in the Services.
- Information we collect for event organizers: The event organizers determine what information we collect from you in connect with the events you attend. We share the information that we collect from you with the event organizers whose events you attend. This includes information you provide when registering for an event (such as name, email address, address, phone number, your company name), information you chose to post about yourself (such as your image and other information you post to your profile, on chat boards, or using social media features available in the Services), and information we collect using cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies. When we transfer your personal information to the event organizers for whom we collected it, their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies, not this Policy. If you are using the Services as an administrator on behalf of an event organizer, we share your information with the event organizer, and as described in this Policy.
- Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting the Services, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), transmitting content, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of us and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our account and other agreements with you; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sound Investments, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Do We Safeguard Your Personal Information?
- We securely store your personal information on our hosting provider’s servers, including servers in Canada.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We also require by contract (other than in an emergency situations) that third party services providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your personal information also undertake to provide such security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
How Do We Retain and Delete Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and legal and regulatory requirements. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your personal information. Generally, we keep information associated with a particular event until the event organizer instructs us to delete the information from the Services.
You may delete your personal information (and, if applicable, your account) at any time on your profile page in the Services.
We may retain certain personal information if necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- Information which is not personally-identifiable data, or which has been rendered non-personally identifiable by anonymization, which we will use internally or in the aggregate.
- As required pursuant to our agreements with event organizers.
- If your account has an outstanding balance.
- If there is an unresolved claim or dispute.
- Fraud prevention.
- To prevent you from registering for future events if, for example, we terminate your access because of security incidents or other violations of our policies.
What Are Your Rights?
You are entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any personal information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete personal information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request pertaining to any of the above, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer or mobile device. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to maintain session state and user identity. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies and content to help remember your preferences and improve your experience.
- IP address
- browser type
- device location
- unique device identifier
- cookie data
- associated identifying and usage information from your mobile phone, laptop, or other device, and other device information that you give us consent to access
How to Manage Cookies?
What Rights Do California Residents Have?
If you are a California resident, you may have the right, consistent with this Policy and applicable laws, to request:
- Certain information about our collection, use, sale, or disclosure of your personal information.
- Access to or deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us.
- To opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
To exercise one of the above rights related to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights, and will continue to make the Services available to the extent we are able to without the use of your personal information.
Our policy is not to share your personal information with other parties for direct marketing use unless you agree that we can do so, or as provided for in this Policy. If you wish to opt-out from any sharing contact us at email@example.com.
We are required to alert you how our websites react to Do Not Track signals. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. The Services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Do We Transfer Your Personal Information to Other Countries?
Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this Policy may involve the transfer and processing of your personal information to and in various countries that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By using the Services, or any other of our products and services, you consent to such transfers and processing, including in and to the United States and Canada.
How Do We Protect Children?
We do not wish to receive any data from or about children. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor and supervise all Internet usage by children. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, the Services by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian.
How Do We Update Our Policy?
We regularly review this Policy and we place any updates on this web page, and update the effective date set forth at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to check the effective date of this Policy whenever you visit the Services to see if it has been updated since your last visit. By using Services after such after we post any updates, you consent to the updates of this Policy.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have questions or complaints regarding our Policy or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1438 W. Kinzie, Chicago IL, 60642. We will respond to your questions and complaints about our processing of your personal information. If you are not satisfied with our response, depending on where you are located you can contact a supervisory authority or your state’s attorney general.